|Sword of Omens|
|List of all weapons & other items|
- For the article about the 1980's version of this weapon, see Sword of Omens.
The Sword of Omens is one of the most powerful weapons ever to exist. It is wielded by the Lord of the ThunderCats and possesses magical powers which originate from the War Stone embedded in its hilt.
Overview[edit | edit source]
When not active, the Sword exists as a short dagger and is usually carried inside the Gauntlet of Omens. When called to action, the blade extends to form a much longer sword.
Abilities and Powers[edit | edit source]
- Being made from the same metal that was used to forge the Sword of Plun-Darr, The Sword of Omens is virtually indestructible and razor sharp.
- The Sword of Omens can also channel blue energy and use it enhance its slashes or project it in the form of powerful energy waves.
- With the War Stone/Eye of Thundera placed within its hilt, the Sword of Omen is able to harness its power and release beams of raw energy. In some cases (such as Jaga during his battle with Ratilla), the sword can also channel the stone's energy though its blade.
- Thanks to the War Stone/Eye of Thundera, the Sword of Omens can grant it's wielders the ability of clairvoyance. By reciting the famous command: “Sword of Omens, give me Sight Beyond Sight!”, the user is able to see images of the future, view remotely, and locate items.
- In order to prevent the Sword of Omens from being used for evil purposes, a magical spell was cast on it which prevented it from being used by evil beings. The sword also possesses the ability to distinguish between good and evil and such will never attack any good being.
History[edit | edit source]
Centuries ago, Mumm-Ra, wanting to attain control over the entire universe, consulted the Ancient Spirits of Evil to help him achieve ultimate power. Under their orders, Mumm-Ra destroyed the Star of Plun-Darr and its remains were then forged into the Sword of Plun-Darr by the Blacksmith possessed by the Ancient Spirits themselves.
Upon seeing Mumm-Ra's ruthlessness and insatiable lust for power, his two most trusted commanders, Leo and Panthera decide to stop him. They gather the debris left from the forging of the Sword of Plun-Darr and employ the same Blacksmith to forge them another sword and gauntlet, thus the Sword of Omens was born. Embedding the War Stone retrieved by Tygus into the hilt of the Sword of Omens, Leo was able to use the now powerful blade to defeat Mumm-Ra.
After Mumm-Ra's defeat and the subsequent crashing of his spaceship on Third Earth, all the surviving creatures that were enslaved by him were freed and settled on the new planet. The Sword of Omens remained in Leo's possession and was passed down from one Lord of the ThunderCats to the next, eventually being inherited by Lion-O after the death of his father Claudus.